Friday, December 23, 2011

Chrissy Crafting part:2







I'm loving Fleur's style at the moment...head band over hat! hehe


The kids almost always spend some time time during December making Christmas goodies. Something I think they possibly thought every one did up until a few days ago when we had a visitor who joined in making bickies & informed us she had never done anything like this before. We have loads of fun doing all sorts of madness, and as much as I'd hate to admit it, there are times when my stress levels are at a 10 & I question my sanity?!
Most of us craft Mums are all trying install in our children the love of giving, making, creating, thought fullness & kindness. Not always easy when they're bombarded with commercial nonsense & as they get older the horrid peer pressure. It's interesting listening to what others hold as values regarding the festive season, my lovely had an interesting discussion with some friends & family today, one brother had mentioned that they had a limit of $1000 for their Children's pressies (3 kids) & they had gone over that! Is this just me or does that sound mental?? Another said 'that's what Christmas should be about...your kids getting heaps of presents!' Ged piped up ( not a regular occurrence for him to do so) & said 'hang on, that's not what Christmas is about & it's not what Christmas should be about'. Don't get me wrong here, I don't want to sound like a moaning old hag, & I love to see my kids faces light up with delight on Christmas morning, but I also love to see their faces light up when they share gifts of love to each other, home made or what ever. I'm not a particularly 'Christian' person, but I do believe in goodness, weather you're celebrating the birth of Jesus or the Solstice this week, I wish good health, good food, good memories & plenty of jolly good times (hopefully involving some grooving to the beats!)
Blessed be
xox 



Honey Soy Nuts.
1 Cup each unsalted cashews, natural almonds & pecans
1/3 Cup pumpkin seeds & sun flower seeds
1 Tbsp sesame seeds & nigella seeds (black cumin)
1 tsp chopped rosemary
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 honey
2 Tbsp sun flower oil
1 Tbsp soy sauce 

Pre-heat oven to 180 C. Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Mix seeds, herbs & spices in a large bowl. Place honey, soy & oil in a pan and melt over a low heat. Once melted pour over seeds, mix to cover & place in a flat layer in you roasting pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until seeds are golden brown, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool completely, stirring occasionally again to prevent clumping. Bag up or be a piggy & eat them all yourself...nom nom

4 comments:

gabrielle said...

$1000 is crazy, that wouldn't even be my budget for all of xmas plus all the birthdays for a couple of years.
your biccies look great

Melissa said...

i wonder how long those presents costing 1000 + get played with....? I am always inspired by laura Ingalls Wilder ( Little house on the prairie) and her family, secretly sewing away or gathering oranges and nuts etc. They were always so grateful to get a stick of candy as a treat. That kind of giving and recieving is what I'd like to inspire our family.Merry Christmas

Notchka said...

Yup $1,000 is mental. And I wholeheartedly agree with all you have to say, sadly that includes the stress levels at 10. I'm a giver my nature, so this should be my season, but every year I find myself stretched.

I think its incredible the amount of plastic crap children get for Christmas and I'll admit to you now that I nabbed yet another plastic gift before it got out of its packaging on Christmas Day. Its in my girl's wardrobe and I'll give it to her if she remembers it, but so far she can't even remember half the stuff she unwrapped! That might sound harsh, but I plan to give it to a charity because she just doesn't need more stuff.

Flower said...

I love that idea Nin, & I have to agree with you, how often do we hear our kids being asked what they got for Christmas, & they don't even remember half the stuff!!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...